I’ll try to keep this as short as possible, since it’s going to be a bit of a rant, and probably not going to be all that interesting for y’all. But this is something that’s been taking up a lot of my mind this past week, and what better place to get my boob thoughts off my chest (pun completely and totally intended) than on my boob-related blog?
Lately I’ve been having an all out love-hate BATTLE with my breasts. I just can’t seem to reach a happy place with them. Out of a bra, they look weirdly small. In one they look gigantic and disproportionate. In clothes they appear smaller again, but at the same time make my body look 2 sizes bigger.
That’s just one issue I’ve been having. But I’ve been dealing with it, because I can tell that’s almost entirely in my head.
My second issue is trying to decide how I feel about the attention I receive when I put the girls on display. Some days I’m proud of my boobs! I think they look awesome. I like cleavage (both on other people and on me!). So, when I get dressed in the morning, I play up the assets I like best, and some days, that means showing off the boobs. Lately, showing some cleavage has been getting more reaction than usual, such as male classmates (in the engineering world, male classmates = all classmates) buying me drinks from the soda machine, walking me to my next class, offering to help with homework… None of these boys even talk to me on days that I’m wearing a t-shirt. Girls, on the other hand, are decidedly friendlier when I’m dressed more conservatively.
My only class this semester that’s NOT male dominated, where maybe I actually could get away from feeling like boobs on a stick, is yoga. This has been a great class for most of the semester, but some of the poses feel IMPOSSIBLE with large breasts.
It’s not very pleasant! My one class where I could get away from all this boob attention and just exercise and relax and even here they’re on my mind (or face, in this particular pose).
It seems like lately even using my laptop to write about disliking my boobs has led to me disliking my boobs…
Ok, but I titled this post the PROS and Cons of Breasts… so how about we discuss some pros!
1. Kitten shelf. ‘Nuff said.
2. Despite what my mind may think… my boobs actually make my body look better and more proportionate, not like boobs on a stick. With 40 inch hips, a small bust could make my entire upper body (since I have a small ribcage too) look a bit out of place.
3. There are clothes that smaller chested girls don’t fill out, that I can look great in. Large breasts help emphasize a small waist, especially with a belt 🙂
4. Even though the boy’s motives may have been questionable… I’m going to count free Diet Cokes from the vending machine as a boob pro.
5. Tons of cute bras actually DO exist in my size, and are cheap to buy if you know where to go.
6. They’re my very own conversation starter when it comes to helping other women find their correct bra size.
7. My boyfriend loves them 🙂
8. It’s comforting to put my head down and give them a cuddle sometimes (is that weird? I can’t be the only one who cuddles my own breasts…)
9. Convenient buffer between me and people who try to get into my personal space.
10. They’re mine and I wouldn’t feel quite like me without them.
Phew! *Wipes sweat from brow* I came into this post filled with negative thoughts of my breasts and my body, and writing it all out has made me feel much better! I’m sure the “cons” section at the beginning didn’t do anyone else a lick of good… but hopefully my list of pros has made some of y’all think about what you love about your breasts. Anything I missed? 🙂
Resources on the Problems of Being Busty:
1. I’m very active in this online community… /r/bigboobproblems on Reddit! Very supportive women, always willing to give advice and commiserate!
2. Busty Girl Comics– daily webcomic featuring the problems and perks of large breasts!